Saturday, August 4, 2012

Bitter-Sweet Goodbyes

Today I had to say goodbye to some really awesome people. The amount of hugs and tears was incredible as me and Megan both prepare to leave. When you go on a mission trip you learn about the people, but when you live there for 7 weeks you know the people. Guatemala has become my home and leaving it is incredible hard. The people here are so deserving it brings tears to your eyes thinking about them.
There is a boy in the village who was always around. He was the sweetest and kindest boy I have ever met. He just wanted attention which we were always delighted to provide. Saying good bye to him on Thursday was the hardest thing I had to do this summer.
Then their we're the workers. There had never been a better group of people than them, or a group as entertaining. They put up with our mistakes, redo our work, never complain, and are always willing to help out with a smile. To Edgar, Luis, Manuel, Romero, Caesar, Raphie, and Diego I say some great thanks because you all are the best. I have got to know your quirks and jokes and learn a lot from you all.
Paula and Fontaine along with their daughters Ally and Katy and Kevin have done a fantastic job hosting teams. Without them my experience could not be as wonderful as it was. Of course the girls here had a huge part in that. Each one is wonderful and talented and I am proud to know them.
I am glad to see my family and friends but leaving without knowing when I'll be able comeback is the hardest part. I hope to be able to return next year to learn more about Guatemala and God's plan for here and for me.
Thank you all for your support and prayers.

Location:Mimi's House

No comments:

Post a Comment