Monday, June 30, 2014

Bangkok

Bangkok! Amazing City! I loved it!

Yeah, I believe that it may have been one of the coolest places I have visited so far. I can definitely see myself going back to that city again. I felt a deep connection to it and it was the beautiful in so many ways.

I spent two lovely days there getting my visa renewed (successfully by the way) and doing a little shopping. I went to Siam Paragon (you should look that up). It was enormous! I must have gotten lost at least 10 times. Thanks to Dave for letting me know where I could find all the things on my shopping list.

I even went to the Church of God in Thailand, which is where I picked up a lovely care package from my family. It was an amazing feeling to open up something from home. I am grateful everyday to have such a supportive family that is ready to pick me up when I fall and help me accomplish my dreams.

Flying back to the Church in Yangon was bittersweet. I was glad to be back to my home away from home but also missing a city that had captured my heart. I hope to one day return to that city, but until then I have English to teach. This week we are expanding our vocab with games and movies. Tomorrow's lesson, Frozen!

No comments:

Post a Comment