Thursday, June 19, 2014

Pasta, Pizza, and Pancakes

So I have been in Myanmar now for 3 weeks. I have eaten lots of new dishes and found one common ingredient in them all, peppers. Now if you know me very well you will know about my tolerance for all things spicy is relatively low, like mild salsa has me running for a glass of milk, low. So my hosts just load down these already spicy dishes with even more chills and you can smell how crazy spicy their food is. They love it and think that my dislike for chilies is hilarious. So I have taken to visits to the pizza joint down the streets and making pasta and pancakes when I have the opportunity. These dishes bring me a little taste of home while I am far from it.

I have also been teaching English while I'm here. My students are incredibly quick at picking up the language. What I'm working on now is expanding the vocab. So tomorrow we will be playing Brittany Pictionary. I have yet to find any board games here but I have had lots of fun making them myself. So I made my own easy Pictionary game I hope will be at the perfect level for my students and that they will have tons of fun playing the game. I look forward to seeing how it goes!

Now lets talk hair. Humidity and rain equals so much frizz. I look like someone rubbed a balloon on my head. I brought some pretty good stuff with me, or what I thought was good hair products, but at last I feel nothing can combat this weather. I will have to learn to deal with the never ending bad hair day.

I am often struck by God's work here in Myanmar and by the people impacted by the church here. I hope that God will be able to work through me and use me to accomplish far more on this trip than I could possible accomplish alone.

1 comment:

  1. I am so proud of you it is amazing what God can do if we were to just let him have our life's and just go with what he has in store for us and yes you are doing just that enjoy and cherish this time with just you and God teaching these wonderful children and adults how to speak our language hope you come home with some of there language and lots of memories and stories to tell us . May God bless you in your work . Love you very much have a GREAT TIME

    ReplyDelete