Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Cold Water and Rain

Well, it's rainy season. That right folks, heavy showers, gloomy skies, and very wet me. So I love that I can walk around barefoot practically everywhere I go because you take of your shoes before you enter a room, but that also means I am wearing out my only pair of slip on shoes, my flip flops. Now these flip flops have survived for 5 years, far outlasting any pair of flip flops I have ever owned. Well today they have finally kick the bucket. The strap has broken in a really odd location, and I could fix it with some tape but instead decided to simply wear another pair of shoes. So me and my chacos, were out cruising the town with the girls, going to children's club, when the rain started. It wasn't really a problem though until we were on our way back and we got on the bus by way of a very flooded street. So my pant legs were soaked by the time we jumped off one bus and hopped on another as it was driving away. Then we got off still a mile or so from the church. Our plan was to grab a taxi but you know how plans go, they don't. So I get to walk. Don't get me wrong, I like to walk, but this isn't a stroll down an average American city block, this is a watch where you step, run fast, dodge the cars, and try not to slip kinda walk. So we made it back to the church and I am truly gross and soaking wet. I walk upstairs take a shower, and when I come downstairs, they ask me if I would like them to show me how to use the hot water. At this point all I could do was give a small chuckle, since all day I look forward to a nice cold shower after sweating out my entire body weight. The rain may cool the city down but I haven't been cold once since I got here. I'm looking forward to winter in Kentucky with lots, and lots, of snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment