Sunday, June 8, 2014

the Equipped vs. the Sent

So, if you asked me before I left what I would be doing in Myanmar I would not have told you teaching English to people at least 5 years older than me. I would also not have said preaching to whole church congregations. I would not have said riding buses and taxis with three young women, all older than me, in order to bring children's ministry to the children. Yet yesterday I preached (well really I shared a story) to a congregation of about 100 people. Last week I went to three different regions in Yangon to help with children's club. That involved multiple buses, taxis, and new experiences for me. And tomorrow I start teaching English, without being able to speak Burmese. It will be interesting.

Yesterday, before I got up in front of 100 people, I prayed that God would speak through me, and that I would remain silent. I believe that is what happened yesterday. Now I pray the same prayer for my English lessons starting tomorrow. I hope that God will use these lessons for the glory of his kingdom.

This trip has already proven to be more challenging than an experiences I have ever had before. I expect I will learn a lot and learn to trust in God. It's just me and You God, I will lean on you alone.

God does not send the equipped, but equips the sent.

No comments:

Post a Comment